The collection of ready-mix concrete is an increasingly popular choice for builders and landscapers when tackling residential or commercial builds as it offers numerous advantages over traditional “on-site mixing” and delivery options.
From its improved quality consistency to the time saved mixing at the site, ready-mix concrete can help increase efficiency on any project. In this blog post, we will explore six key reasons why an increasing number of local builders and landscapers are making the switch and collect ready-mix concrete from their local builders’ merchant. By learning what benefits are associated with collecting concrete you’ll be able to decide if it’s right for your next build!
1. Cost-effectiveness: Collecting ready-mix concrete reduces the need for buying raw materials, transporting them to the job site and mixing them, which can result in huge cost savings for local builders and landscapers over time. In addition, when collecting concrete, local builders and landscapers only pay for the exact amount required without the need to pay for transport or minimum order charges.
2. Consistency: Ready-mix concrete is consistently mixed in a pan-mixed controlled environment driven by state-of-the-art technology. This ensures that the mixture meets a high-quality specification and is consistent for every job.
3. Timesaving: Collecting ready-mix concrete eliminates the time and effort required to mix concrete on-site, which can help to speed up construction projects and increase efficiency.
4. Convenience: By collecting ready-mix concrete when you are calling into the local builders’ merchant you are in effect reducing transportation requirements and combining the trip for concrete with a trip for other materials to be used on the job.
5. Improved safety: Mixing concrete on-site can be hazardous as it involves heavy machinery and manual labour. Collecting ready-mix concrete reduces the risk of accidents and injuries.
6. Environmentally friendly: Collecting ready-mix concrete reduces the carbon emissions associated with transporting raw materials to the job site and eliminates the need for waste disposal.
The Fibo Collect Solution
Our Fibo Collect machine is a fully automated, self-service batching plant for concrete, mortar and screed. The technology allows customers to collect exactly the right amount of concrete, mortar and screed exactly when they need it – at the push of a button. With orders from as little as 0.25m3, the Fibo Collect solution has been engineered to help save people (in the local community) both time and money whilst also having a positive impact on the environment.
Ready-mix concrete is a versatile product that offers numerous advantages for builders, landscapers, and DIY enthusiasts. From the key points above, you can see that there are many reasons to switch from traditional methods of mixing concrete (on site or delivery) to the new Fibo Collect model.
If you’re a local builder looking to increase efficiency on your next project, consider collecting ready-mix concrete from Thorncliffe Building Supplies in Ewloe next time you visit.